*** Get all the detail of our trip at: BTF STORIFY: HOPA TO HOPE ***
Briefing #2: Acknowledgements
– Figen and Gunes Ertas (relatives of the Ender family cyclists) joined us in Trabzon and Hopa for two days and provided us with moral support. Gunes is actively involved with the Rotary Club which is campaining to eradicate Polio. Figen, Gunes and their son Sinan joined us in our bicycle ride in the first day of our trip from Sarp to Rize and captured great photographs on our bike route.
– Local cycling clubs in Giresun, Bulanca, Samsun, Eregli, and Istanbul have given us moral and in-kind contributions. They have also given us the opportunity to form new friendships. Many local riders have joined us during short segments of our trip. Most memorable of these young Turks were Askin from Giresun, Tarik from Samsun and Banu from Istanbul.
– Various members of Rotary Clubs in Unye, Ordu and Samsun provided us moral and in-kind contributions to our journey. These businessmen and philanthropists were genenours with their time and funds.
– Bridge to Turkiye volunteers (USA), who were our enthusiastic dream partners, providing us moral support and a superb platform for fundraising and broadcasting our digital story on-line.
Corporate & NGO Sponsors:
1. Bisikletliler Dernegi is one of the largest cycling organizations in Turkey. They provided us assistance through their local representatives in various cities and their members joined us as riders in several segments of our journey. Their facebook page covered our journey.
2. Bakirkoy Belediyesi is one of the largest municipalities in Turkey. They provided us with a support van, driver and fuel allowance.
3. Bridge to Turkiye Fund is the primary organizer and fundraiser for our Black Sea Cycling Tour.
4. Rotary clubs – provided us lodging and meals in route from Unye to Samsun
5. Isik University – provided us lodging and meals in Sile
6. Decatholon – large sporting goods store in Turkey, provided us with helmets, gloves, sunglasses and bike tires
7. Armada Hotel – an upscale bicycle-friendly hotel in Sultanahmet provided us lodging in Istanbul
8. Triangle Community Foundation – will provide 2 for 1 match on donations from July 20 to 31.